It's oil all over the world

/
0 Comments
Oils and I have a great, long and slippery relationship. 

I was introduced to them at a very early age by my mom. She transformed to a wizard of a certain sort while she was making those mixtures for hair/skincare. Even if back then it was a struggle (all you curly/afro hair carriers know what I mean!) to manage my hair and get on the oil wagon, now, to me, it feels quite natural to use them. So thanks mum!
I will share my thoughts on some of the oils I use on my hair.

huilesmain

Nowadays, oils on the market are hi-tech and they don't have too much in common with the ones from way back when...
Not only textures are much more pleasant and practical but innovations in this domain are hitting new highs.
I will briefly talk about them now, and in another post I will get up close and personal with some of them.
Achtung! It is going to be slippery!

These last 4 to 6 years, we have been literally flooded, and spoiled with innovations and discoveries of exotic oils, each more efficient than the other. 
Obviously, they are not all the same, and they don't have the same purpose.

Gliss Kur's Every Day Oil Elixir from Schwarzkopfhuilegliss
Some of you may not know but, this Every Day Oil Elixir was on of the first (if not the first) oil of its kind on the market.
It is the first one that I bought when I was in Germany, when all the craziness around oil wasn't.
Obviously, they made changes and the formula is different now. And I still love it.
It is made with argan and sunflower oils, which are known to be nourishing, repairing, protective and anti-breakage
This one is more dense than the others, just two pumps are enough for the entire hair from top to bottom.
I use it for every day styling or before blow-drying. It helps a lot with the breakage, leaves my hair, not only nourish, soft, smooth, shiny, and all that without feeling greasy or heavy.

It costs between 7 and 9€ the 75mL

The repairing oil from L'Occitane en Provence
huile reparatrice loccitane
This one is from their really good Aromachologie line for dry and damaged hair.
This oil replaced the serum which i liked very much. At first, because I was so found of the serum i was a little bit skeptic about the efficiency of this oil version.
However, after a while, i started comparing it to other oils and now i am completely all for it.
Its patented formula is made with five essential oils (Ylang-Ylang, Sweet Orange, Lavender, Geranium, Angelica) renowned to help with breakage.

I pour a 3 to 4 pumps into the palm of my hand, warm it a little bit and work it through my hair from the ends to the roots (i have really dry hair but,  if you have greasy roots i don't think you should do that tho').
I use it on humid hair but also on a every day basis for a deep care. That's why it became my go to oil for the winter time.
I've seen tremendous changes on my hair. Not only it helps detangle my hair, it reduced the breakage for about 90% (it is the only one that had that effect on my afro), and protect against sun and heat damage. 
I also enjoy its nice and relaxing aromatic scent.
L'Occitane has really good products and this one is no exception. I will recommend this in a heartbeat.

L'Occitane sells this 20€ the 100 mL.

L'huile extraordinaire de la gamme Elseve par L'Oréalhuile extraordinaire
I think this one is called Oleo Therapy Perfecting Oil Essence in the US and Elvive Extraordinary Oil in the UK.

With all the brouhaha around this one, i was expecting a lot, and maybe too much. After using it for more than a year, i can say that my disappointment is as huge as my excitement was!
It can be used before shampoo, blow-drying, and as a on a day-to day basis to smooth ends.

I use it before the blow-drying, when my hair isn't completely dry. It helps a lot and makes my hair more manageable. My hair is both smooth and shiny.

Sometimes, I use it for a final touch to give some shine to my "do".


The best way that i can use this is before the shampoo. It brings smoothness to my hair.

I don't think that I will take the risk twice and buy this oil again not only because i cannot stand the smell, it is not nourishing, and very messy; after using it I cannot help to have it all over the place and this even if I am extremely careful. I wouldn't categorized this as been a dry oil, it is a little bit greasy.
For how much this costs, I much prefer Schwarzkopf's one (from above) which has, in my opinion, the best value for its price.

It costs between 10 and 12€ the 100mL.

The Rare Blend Total Hair Therapy from Ojonrare melange ojon
This one is the latest addition to what can be called my oily shrine.
Even if I have, in the past, used one product from Ojon; it was the pre-cleansing treatment which i really loved, I battle for a while whether or not I should splurge and try another product from the brand. With the help of Rachel Martino, I settled on this oil.

It is a total hair therapy made with rare exotic oils, which is supposed to nourish and repair, boost moisture, prevent heat damage, tame frizz and reveal shine.

It hasn't been that long that i started using this, so, I haven't seen all the greatness escape from the bottle to be trapped in my hair. The only thing that I can say for sure is that it really helps to detangle my hair and brings a subtle shine.
I like the light scent and the fact that it doesn't leave any residue on my hands or my hair.
It is a very pricey one but, you just need a little bit for each use.

The 45 mL cost 34€.

Gliss Kur's Colour Shine Tonic by Schwarzkopfgliss colour shine tonic
This one is in a spray form and that I do appreciate. It is really good to protect from the UV, preserve the color, and add shine.
I use it as a final touch after styling for a diamond-like shine!
Even if I find this practical, and a cheaper version of  the Extraordinary Oil from L'Oreal , this oil is just not for me. I want more from an oil; not just the shine, nor the UV filter. I want it to be nourishing and repairing.
The 100 mL cost between 5 and 7€.

Castor Oil from the french brand Natessance by Lea Naturehuile de ricin
I chose this oil because its formula is SLS-, paraben-, preservatives-, and paraffin-free.
Castor oil is known to bring strength. It is also a very dense oil, so, i don't need that much product. A little goes a long way. Plus, it can also be use on nails.
I use it alone or with jojoba and coconut oil for a pre-shampoo deep care.
This oil is also quite cheap: between 3 and 6€ the 100 mL.

I hope this oily post was helpful.
Have a great week. Take care!


You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.